Green leafy vegetables
Amazing health benefits of eating green leafy vegetables such as spinach regularly as a part of daily diet are:
- Strengthening of bones on account of high content of vitamin D, calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamin C and fibre.
- Strengthening of vision and immune system because of such ingredients as beta carotene, zeaxanthin, lutein and chlorophyll.
- Repelling bacteria and viruses through vitamin A.
- Promoting heart health through vitamin C.
- Keeping the child energized by maintain healthy blood through iron and folate.
Kidney beans are a nutritious snack food that supply essential vitamins and minerals, including calcium, potassium and folate. Spread kidney bean puree on a slice of whole-wheat toast or roll it into a whole-grain tortilla as additional ways to serve the nutritious snack.
Soyabeans are very rich in protein (about 40%) with reasonable proportion of fat and carbohydrates. These are high in various vitamins and minerals.
These are are a starchy, root vegetable
- Carrots are rich in nutrients.
- Carrots are known to play a role in good vision because of high content of vitamin A.
- Carrots may help prevent certain diseases.
- Carrots are antioxidants, a protective chemical that fights against and stabilizes free radicals in the body that result from exposure to pollutants.
- Carrots can support digestive heal through dietary fiber.
- Carrots can benefit cardiovascular health.
- Carrots can play a role in bone development and growth.